QHRAI Benevolence Health Program for 2013
(Attachment 12B – c.)
Eligibility Requirements –
1. Must be licensed by the IHRC for involvement in Quarter Horse Racing in Indiana.
2. Breeders, Stallion Owners and other horsemen that are directly involved with Quarter Horse Racing, but not required to receive an IHRC license are eligible with approval by QHRAI Board of Directors.
3. To be eligible, horsemen must have conducted no less than 50% of their Quarter Horse Racing Business in Indiana, either in the current or past year. Example- Trainer, Owner, Jockey must have at least half of their official starts in Indiana; Breeders, Sire Owners must have had at least half of their “raced” foals race in Indiana.
4. Eligibility of horsemen not covered above can be approved by the QHRAI Board of Directors.
5. Only dependents in the immediate family and same household of an eligible beneficiary are eligible for consideration for benefits.
6. To be eligible you must have participated in Quarter Horse racing in Indiana in the current or immediate past year. Exceptions may be considered if approved by the QHRAI Board of Directors.
1. Except in emergency situations approved by the QHRAI Board of Directors, the total payment on ALL applications for aid shall NOT exceed the applicant’s annual individual limits set forth below.
2. The QHRAI may increase these limits in emergency situations, and after QHRAI Board approval.
3. These limits are subject to review at least semi-annually by the QHRAI Board of Directors.
4. These limits will be subject to change if substantial legislative changes occur, an unanticipated number of claims are submitted or any other circumstance out of the QHRAI’s control that would prohibit our ability to fund this program at the levels below.
Annual limits for the calendar year 2013
1. Individual Maximum - $1,500.00
2. Family Maximum - $2,500
Application Limit –
1. Each application for $500.00 or less – Pay Full Amount
2. Each application for more than $500.00 – Pay first $500 Plus 25% of remainder of claim. Rounded up to the nearest dollar, not to exceed maximum annual limit.
3. Individual application for Eye Glasses – Not to exceed $500.00
4. Individual application for Dental - Not to exceed $1000.00
a. NOTE – Dental and Optical do apply to maximum annual limits.
Claim Applications to –
1. QHRAI Benevolence Administrator
12927 North P.R. 385 East
Brazil, Indiana 47834
2. Submit at a QHRAI Board of Directors meeting